Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sewing fast and furious

Carousal Dress with Vest
 





Finished this dress today using a cute pattern by Doll Tag Clothing - Carousal Dress and Vest.  I had made it to fit my AG doll but it was a bit snug so it's a "hand me down" to Jane my Journey Girl doll.  The vest has a temporary ribbon tie closure until I can purchase some round metal white eyelets, though the bow looks kind of cute too, so I may make one with attached ribbon ties.   This pattern was so easy to make thanks to the detailed instructions and great pictures.   I know that all dolls are not alike so with a small adjustment to the pattern I'm heading backing to my sewing machine to make some more dresses.

Update:  I've made several more dresses / vest.   I increased the size of  the vest pattern by placing the back vest piece 3/8 of an inch from the fold line (increasing the overall dimensions of the vest by 3/4 inch). 
I increased the dress front bodice also (placing the pattern piece 3/8 of an inch from the fold line.  I also increased the dress bodice back by 3/8", I use the extension to the back as additional fold over for finishing up the back center seam and applying the Velcro the 1/4 inch fold over that most patterns call for just does not work for me.   
I prefer the clothing for the dolls not to fit too snug...the clothes are for my young Granddaughter and I want easy off and on.

Flutter Sleeve Dress and Capris with Halter Top

My Granddaughter are coming for their annual week long visit in August.  My goal is to have lots of
new doll clothes for their American Girl dolls.  The dress was made using the "free" flutter-sleeve dress pattern from:
  http://pacountrycrafts.blogspot.com/2013/06/flutter-sleeve-doll-dess.html?utm-medium=gadget .
 I still had some of the fabric left over and decided to make a pair of pants and a top.   The top was also made from a "free" pattern from Eden Ava....it is a reversible halter top (link below).   Easy to make and a wonderful use of scraps.  The pants were made using the Playdate pattern in a previous post.


Click here for halter top pattern.   You have to sign up for her newsletter to get it.   I enjoy getting her newsletters and the
free pattern is a bonus.   Eden Ava also has a free pattern for a slip.  http://edenavacouture.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/free-summer-time-pattern/
Update:   I made a slight modification to the construction of  the halter pattern.  I left a finished opening at one the side seams.  Instead of having the ties twist around each other in the back I slid the tie through the opening eliminating the twist and minimizing bulk in the back.

6 comments:

  1. Both outfits are absolutely goregous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter is going to love these pretty outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your outfits are just adorable! I especially love that reversible halter top? I was trying to find the pattern, but can't locate it. Is there any chance you could point me int he right direction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the link to the "free" halter top pattern. http://edenavacouture.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/free-summer-time-pattern/

    You are required to sign up for her newsletter.....but I always enjoy getting them. She also has a new "free" pattern for a slip.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live these outfits! Do you sell the pattern for the dress? I'm signed up for the newsletter but I can't find it on your sight. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I get the pattern for the Play date pants?

    ReplyDelete