Saturday, November 30, 2013

I got a new doll "Alexis". The girls are having a Pajama Party.

Alexis finally arrived and she is wonderful well worth the wait.  Alexis is the doll (4th from the left)
I purchased her from   As mentioned in an earlier post I used the pajama pattern
by Lil Abbee -    On the dolls with the robes I made PJ's using
Simplicity pattern #5733,  I found a robe pattern from Crabapples that I slightly modified.
 You can find the robe pattern here.

The sewing tips for the Lil Abbee PJ's are on an earlier post so I will just discuss the robe pattern.
I made a few modifications.   Robe notes:   Pockets with the pattern were square.   I rounded the bottom edges for a softer look.  The pattern called for using bias binding technique as facing for the front opening edges of the robe.   I made a front facing pattern by tracing the curve of the front robe piece from the bottom edge to the top shoulder seam and then I made a pattern for the back neckline facing.  I also shortened the sleeves 1/4 inch.   I was impressed with this pattern there were several different design variations included such as piping and ruffles.  If your looking for a quality robe pattern then you may want to check this one out.


  1. Just found your blog from a pintest post of your school day dresses. Love your PJ's....I sew AG doll clothes for 2 grand daughters (ages 8 and 5, cousins) and really enjoyed your comments on how you altered the patterns. I find that my grand daughters can manage the clothes better if not too tight and that zippers are hard for them to handle...will try the adaptations for the peplum top from liberty jane and use Velcro. Time to start working on some spring and summer outfits... Hope you keep bloging and posting pictures of your lovely outfits.